We were all beginners once. I only wish that I’d had the same access to knowledge and resources that’s available today.
So, I’ve compiled these affiliate marketing beginners free tips as a list of things I’d wish I’d known when I was first starting out.
- Confidence is more important than you think. I know that you don’t have the experience to know that you’ll succeed, but trust me, the biggest hurdle is to believe in yourself and in the established methods others have developed over the years. Second-guessing yourself is a surefire way to give up when you’re almost at the finish line!
- You need to find support. Getting to real success is never a straight line. It’s more like a rollercoaster. Making it through the lows and onto the highs requires a strong support group. Read this post to understand why you shouldn’t go it alone or this post to find the best community.
- “Done” is better than “perfect.” I can’t stress this one enough. Too many beginners (myself included) focus on trying to make their sites perfect from day 1. They won’t be, not least of which because there is no perfect. Perfectionism will only keep you from taking the actions you need to in order to succeed.
- Have a plan. It’s important to have a clear idea of where you’re headed with your site and how, exactly, you’re going to get there. If you don’t have a plan yet, you can use this 6 week schedule as a template.
- Have fun! While there is a lot of “work” involved in being successful online, there’s also a lot of room to have fun. Affiliate marketers are really lucky because they get to choose what they work on, each and every day. Use your site to help you learn a new skill or improve upon one of your existing hobbies or passions. Work doesn’t always have to be work.