Internet marketing is an umbrella term used to encompass all of the different possible ways of attracting visitors to a brand or product via a website. This includes affiliate marketing, content marketing, social media marketing, as well as paid channels like Google Adwords.
Given that “we no longer go online. We live online,” Internet marketing has become a core focus for many business, from huge name brands to small Mom and Pop shops across the globe.
This means that there are tons of opportunities to start earning money through internet marketing.
Here’s the formula I use for my affiliate sites:
How to Earn Money Through Internet Marketing: My Proven Formula
- 1. Find a company willing to pay me substantial affiliate fees. You can do this through any of the major affiliate networks, or by thinking of a specific product and Googling around for affiliate programs in that niche.
- 2. Find several hundred low competition keywords that are in the niche and have the potential to drive targeted traffic to a website.
- 3. Create a niche website focused on this product or set of products.
- 4. Write a blog post for each of the keywords outlined in step 2.
- 5. Continue writing for 6-12 months, at which point the money starts to roll in.
That’s it! There’s no real “secret” when it comes to internet marketing. There’s plenty of data out there, it’s just that most people aren’t willing to put in the work to get there.
Getting Started with Internet Marketing
In order to get started with internet marketing, you’ll need drive and commitment to building a website for at least 6 months.
Once you have that, and have decided that affiliate marketing is right for you, you can find a training course to make sure you know the ins and outs of the business.
I hope you do decide to commit to building a sustainable, long term internet marketing business for yourself. Read more about how to get started, and let me know how it goes!