Fortunately, now you can start a new website in just a few minutes, without knowing anything about tech or how the internet works.
Just follow these 3 steps.
How To Start A New Website
- Click here and sign up for a new account with Arvixe. Arvixe is one of the leading web hosting providers and offers one of the best and cheapest hosting packages around. Read my full Arvixe review.
- Choose a domain. Your Arvixe account comes with a free domain. With most companies, domains are around $15 annually, so to get it included with your hosting is a good deal.
- Use the one-click WordPress install. Arvixe has an easy-install process that will automatically connect your site to your WordPress sytem.
The entire process takes just a few minutes.
A Note On Backend Processes
Once you start your site, it usually takes an hour or so for the domain to be redirected. This is the process of “connecting the pipes” behind the scenes so that when a user types yourdomain.com they can see your website.
It’s important to note that sometimes redirecting a domain to a new site can take up to 24 hours, so don’t get frustrated if your site doesn’t load immediately after you set it up. Just check back later or tomorrow and you’ll be ready to go.
Finally, I also want to point out that there are a lot of ways to achieve the same result and get a new site up and running.
I’ve chosen Arvixe for this post because:
- It’s one of the best hosting providers,
- It’s cheap ($4/month) and comes with a free domain, and
- It’s really easy to setup.
WordPress is more than a blogging platform, it’s a complete content management system that makes it easy to build your website, with plugins to fit most of your needs.
While there are a ton of CMS platforms you could choose from, WordPress is free and one of the most widely used. For the overwhelming majority of people its the right way to go.
There are also some other CMS systems to help you build your site easily, like Wix or GoDaddy.
If you have any other questions please let me know by leaving a comment below.